Labels

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Animal Obsession



I really like animals, especially the animals of the wild. However most of the animals are painted by referring to photos. I really wish that some days I can go to the wild to do such paintings. :)

During the December holiday of sec 2, I started painting numerous water colour paintings of different animals. I tried to make the paintings look not too detailed. It would probably not look too good here as they are meant to be seen from a further distance.
I am more interested in painting the heads of the different animals and I chose to leave out the bodies of most of the animals.

I realise that I am fond to paint in a darker tone than desired for certain areas. That is why you will realise that I edited some parts of the paintings by using white paint over it. After finishing the paintings, I have a habit to use white to edit my paintings if needed. White colour is like my saving tool! :)

1 comment:

  1. yo xinda!!!
    good job!!!! nice watercolour paintings!i didnt know you like to paint watercolour animal too!
    it would probably be better if you used water colour paper instead of normal paper (if im right) cause watercolour paper is better at allowing you to control your brushworks, plus it doesnt absorb so much water so fast, so your paper wont crinkle/tear
    i especially like your frog/tiger/elephant
    actually all are nice
    jyjy!

    ReplyDelete